Sunday, August 8, 2010

Eel Grass by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Sunday afternoon, last day of my vacation.  This has been a great two weeks, even if I haven't quite been able to produce any writing from it yet.  Did some reading and relaxing and except for a bout of food poisoning at the end, was in every way a perfect vacation.  However, every good thing comes to an end, I suppose.  I know I am not looking forward to going back to work, but who ever is?  Anyway, this poem from Second April, by ESVM pretty much expresses how I will be feeling at this time tomorrow.

No matter what I say,
   All that I really love
Is the rain the flattens on the bay,
   And the eel-grass in the cove;
The jingle-shells that lie and bleach
   At the tide-line, and the trace
Of higher tides along the beach;
   Nothing in this place.




Image Credit

No comments: