Sunday, February 22, 2009

It Could Be Worse, I Guess

Obama Signs "Stimulus bill" at headquarters of New World Order in Denver

I subscribe to about 20 podcasts, give or take.  One that I have subscribed to since its inception is No Agenda by John C. Dvorak and Adam Curry.  Basically the two of them ramble on for an hour or so weekly on whatever topics interest them.  Curry is a conspiracy buff and Dvorak is in curmudgeonly agreement.  So last week, they were discussing why Obama signed the stimulus bill in Denver Colorado, of all places.  Curry believes that Obama is actually the tool of Zbigniew Brzezinski and the Trilateral Commission in its quest for world domination. Dvorak thinks Obama is actually two people (that's why they did that 'secret' swearing in after the Inauguration).  You have to love the Internet.

Well during the discussion, they talked about the common belief on the 'Net that the new International Airport in Denver is actually either a.) a Masonic temple and/or b.) the above- ground entrance to a secret underground military base from which the world will be eventually ruled.  Evidence of this includes the symbols incorporated in the decorations in the airport itself.  well , naturally I scampered out to the 'Net for a look and I must say, WTF?!?  

They are certainly scary, weird, unexpected.  One thing that struck me, naturally, was the similarity to the illustration of the "alien" warrior and the soldiers in HalfLife 2  check it out

What were the designers thinking?  It certainly gives you pause.  

Every democracy in History has sooner or later degenerated into an empire / fascist state.  Is that the legacy we will leave our children?  it may seem like science fiction (well, exactly like science fiction, if you think about it), but it does make you think.


Now For Something Entirely Different
In this Sunday's NYT style Magazine there is an interview and photoshoot with the actress, Rosaro Dawson.  Link to a video interview here. She describes her mother's discpline technique this way:
Was your mother a disciplinarian?
"My mom licked me - that was her punishment.  If I was a little uppity or if I didn't listen or if she wanted to get my attention, she'd lick the side of my face or under my armpit.  My mom's a six-foot-tall amazon and she'd say,"You came out of my vagina and I own every part of you." and she'd lick me like I was her wee pup and she was a lioness.  It was humiliating and really intense.  Very primal.  It's not spanking, but it definitely works."
Yikes! On so many levels . . . .

More Rilke

So I will let you figure out how these all items tie together.  I am not sure I know, but here is another short Rilke poem for your consideration.

Wir sollen nicht wessen, warum
dieses und jenes uns meisert:
wirkliches Leben is stumm,
nur, dass es uns begeisert,

macht uns mit ihm vertraut

We are not to know why
this or that masters us;
real life makes no reply,
only that it enraptures us

makes us familiar with it

May, 1924

No comments: